What a week!!!

Oh man… what a week… I have been so busy this week!!

Monday and Tuesday were clinical days. This week for clinicals I got to be team leader with another student. We pretty much were like “charge nurses.” This means that we picked our classmates patients that they would take care off. We also helped with anything that was needed. I also got to see an Angio. This is where a doctor inserts a catheter into the artery in the leg and push it up to the heart. They then let off contrast to see the flow of the blood through the heart. It was pretty cool to watch.

Wednesday started bright and early with an INR check. I was at 2. WOOHOO so close to getting off the lovenox injections. After going to the lab I headed to New Richland, MN to pick up our beef. Scott’s uncle raises steers every year. As part of Scott’s payment for helping on the farm we always get a quarter of beef. I am also a really good seller of this beef so I sold a quarter to my Aunt and Uncle and then another quarter to some gym friends. Wednesday I drove the hour and a half to go pick up the three quarters of beef!


Three quarters!

When I got back to my parents place I split it all up. Then Linda came and picked up her quarter and I drove the other quarter to my Aunt’s salon. The beef got processed at a different meat market so the cuts for the steaks and roasts are a little bit different. I am excited to do some cooking πŸ™‚

After getting the beef I headed home to STUDY!!! Thursday was my first test in school and I was so far behind on studying! I spent the rest of Wednesday studying. I may have distracted myself once to make some homemade apple sauce…. more on that in another post.

I also distracted myself to make some yummy Nutella Turnovers. Before the mega Nutella rage happened I discovered an amazing use for it. I was at my parents and I wanted something sweet. My mom had Nutella and puff pastry. I decided they would make a wonderful combo. I rolled out thawed puff pastry, cut it into squares, add a small spoonful of Nutella to the middle and fold over. Cook in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes (or until the tops are golden brown) Then ENJOY!!!! So good. They are amazing warm or cold.

IMG_1217 IMG_1218

IMG_1219 IMG_1220

These babies are so easy to make and they are so good! They never last more then a day in my household.

Thursday morning was another INR check. Good news…. it was 2 again so no more shots for me!!! WOOHOO so excited. I’m stilled getting my INR checked lots but the coumadin has kicked in and I don’t need the shots anymore. After the lab draw I went back home to study some more before heading to school for my test.

IMG_1223 IMG_1224

Nermal and Maisy love to distract me while I’m studying.

My test went well on Thursday. I passed it was a great relief since I didn’t get to study as much as I would have liked to… Yay for test #1 being over. 4 more to go πŸ™‚

Today is relax day!! It was Β such a busy week so I’m taking today to relax. This weekend will be full of working and studying. I am going to figure out what I’m cooking this week and I’m going grocery shopping… More on that later πŸ™‚

For now it is back to relaxing πŸ™‚

How was your week?

Doing anything fun this weekend?


3 thoughts on “What a week!!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s